Year in Review - Most Popular Insurance Information
Another year is coming to a close and what better way to officially leave 2013 than by looking back at some of our most popular insurance articles and posts this year. We had some fun researching the crazy competitive world of insurance and agency marketing but here's a look at some fun and helpful topics.
Your Insurance Business
- Creating the Perfect Insurance Agency Mission Statement
A mission statement is a guiding light for any business and should represent the core values and what it to be expected of the company as a whole. Drafting a solid statement for your agency or business allows you to set the tone for your current employees, new hires, and especially yourself.
- Developing a Great Business Plan for Your Agency
A good business plan is dynamic and ever evolving. It offers you a road map of your business and helps you create a plan for growing and changing within the insurance industry. It's also a great way to remind yourself of past goals, competition, and the general management of your company and what you expect from your employees.
- Fostering Your Company Culture
Let's face it, happy employees are more productive. Keeping your office in tune with your goals while having fun and encouraging personal growth will pay big dividends in the way of productivity and retention. Here we discuss some ideas about how to get your insurance organization on a successful path by creating and managing a culture of trust.
Marketing for Insurance Agents
- Pitch Prep: Perfecting Your Sales Pitch to Clients
Making sales calls is one of the toughest parts of being an insurance agent. Taking the time to prepare or knowing your elevator pitch inside and out will help you be more comfortable and affable to your clients. I this article we look at some basic points to make that will ensure you come across clearly and confidently.
- The Art of Being an Engaging Presenter
Effective communication is paramount for success in an industry. After all, as an agent, you are selling something that your client does not get to take home with them so ensuring they grasp the complex insurance concepts can be tricky. Here we break down some effective techniques for presenting on the phone and in person.
- Putting Urgency & Creativity in Your Message
There’s a delicate balance between putting too much pressure on tire kicking clients and announcing the need for urgency. Knowing when to back off or when to take an advantageous move is key to successful sales conversions. Try these methods the next time you speak with an insurance lead.
Just Because It's Insurance
- When we launched our Facebook page earlier this year we had no idea how popular it would be. One of our most popular posts are the #StrangeClaims where we've collected numerous insurance claims that were funny, odd, and just plain strange. Here are the best of the best:
- "#StrangeClaim - Windshield broke. Cause unknown. Probably Voodoo."
- "#StrangeClaim - I was shopping for plants all day then left for home. A hedge sprang up obscuring my vision and I hit the other car."
- "#StrangeClaim - I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
- "#StrangeClaim - The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week."
- Awesomely Strange Insurance Claims
Cars falling into water, lack of snow claims, and really, really mobile homes are all in a days work for some agents. Here are some other pretty off-key insurance claims that are sure to raise an eyebrow.
- Fifteen Strange Insurance Policies
There's a common known fact that if you have the money to pay the premium, nearly anything is insurable. In this topic, we cover some odd policies taken out by some well known people to protect their assets. From teeth to multiple births to alien abductions, it seems there's a policy for just about everything.
- Insurance Fraud: The $80 Billion Cost of Lying
Insurance fraud is no joking matter. Each year roughly $80 Billion is lost to unscrupulous people looking to make an easy buck by lying to gain benefit and this is certainly not a crime isolated to just consumers. In this infographic produced earlier this year, we walk you through some staggering facts and figures about insurance fraud in the United States and the impact it has.
== Check out the Insurance Fraud video ==
Don't forget to check out these and other topics on social!