Homeowners Insurance And Your Rights
Knowing Your Rights Will Increase Successful Homeowners Insurance Claims
Every homeowner who wants to ensure the safety of their home, their belongings, and their finances needs a well-crafted homeowners insurance policy. It protects their home and its contents as well as provides invaluable liability coverage. To find a policy now, compare homeowners insurance quotes. But just as important as finding a good homeowners insurance policy is knowing what your rights as a homeowner and policyholder are.
Knowing Your Homeowners Insurance RightsAs a homeowners insurance policyholder, you have the right to:
- A homeowners insurance policy regardless of age, sex, race, religion, marital status, etc.
- File a complaint in the face of a denied claim . If your homeowners insurance claim has been denied, you have the right to issue a written complaint with the insurer, urging them to reevaluate the claim and reconsider.
- The reason for a denied claim . As a homeowners insurance policyholder, you have the write to a written explanation or reason describing why your homeowners insurance claim was denied.
- The full cost of the claim . If a homeowner receives less than what they expected from the homeowners insurance claim, they have the right to inquire and seek an award that will cover the entire costs of damages.
- Keep your policy for a certain time period . It is against the law in many states for an insurer to cancel your homeowners insurance policy within a certain term of its purchase (typically 90 days).
- Ask your homeowners insurance agent for help . That's what they're there for. Your homeowners insurance agent's job is to make sure your policy lives up to its purpose. The agent may be able to give you advice or assistance that can help you make a successful homeowners insurance claim.